Winter Sessions are now underway!
Managing patients after bariatric surgery can be complex. ECHO OBN provides educational support and clinical expertise at your fingertips through videoconferencing. Engage with a multi-disciplinary team from various Bariatric Centres of Excellence to gain knowledge of current practices around bariatric related care.
Project ECHO is an interdisciplinary model, connecting networks for healthcare professionals from academic centres and community providers across the province.
- Earn CME credits
- Become a local specialist in your community
- Join a multi-disciplinary community of practice
- Receive mentorship from a team of obesity management specialists
- Build consensus around care provision
- Offered at no cost to participants
Registration for the Winter 2020 cycle is currently open to family physicians, nurse practitioners, and allied health professionals working in primary care. Session dates can be found here.
Anyone can join from virtually anywhere - even your desk! All you need is a computer with a microphone and webcam or simply your smartphone.
- Gain by receiving best-practice care by their primary care providers close to home, avoiding long wait times and travel to a specialist.
Health Care Providers:
- Earn free Continuing Medical Education (CME) professional development credits
- Expand your knowledge on managing post-bariatric surgery patients and obesity related health conditions
- Access to an expert interdisciplinary team of experts in the field of obesity management
- Receive recommendations for patient cases you presented
- Interact with other health care professionals across the province to foster a community of practice, reducing professional isolation and providing ongoing support
- Enhanced confidence and skills to deliver best practice care to your patients
- Keep patients and providers local
- Reduced disparities / variations in care
- Rapid dissemination of best practices
Health Care System:
- Improve the patient experience of care
- Improve the health of populations
- Reduce the per capita cost of healthcare
For Physicians, this is a one-credit per hour Group Learning program that meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 7.5 Mainpro+credits. This activity in also an Accredited Group Learning Activity as defined by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and approved by McMaster University Continuing Health Sciences Education Program. You may claim a maximum of 7.5 MOC Section1 hours for your participation