What is ECHO OBN?
Managing patients after bariatric surgery can be complex. ECHO Ontario Bariatric Network (OBN) provides educational support and clinical expertise at your fingertips through videoconferencing. Engage with a multi-disciplinary team from various Bariatric Centres of Excellence across Ontario to gain knowledge of current practices around bariatric related care.
Project ECHO® is an interdisciplinary model that connects healthcare professionals from academic centres and community providers across the province. ECHO OBN is fully funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and is offered at no cost to participants.
Here’s what participants are saying about ECHO OBN’s standard curriculum
“ECHO OBN provided me with the tools required to manage my patients who have undergone bariatric surgery obesity management through the OBN. In addition, the ECHO sessions are an invaluable resource for primary care clinicians, as they provide the opportunity to collaborate with members of the OBN team on a variety of patient cases.”NURSE PRACTITIONER- SAULT STE MARIE
What are the Benefits?
- Earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) professional development credits for standard series sessions. Click here for more information.
- Gain access to the best practices in obesity management
- Discuss real, anonymous, patient cases with an interdisciplinary team of experts in bariatric care
- Reduce professional isolation through joining communities of practice
- Help reduce disparities and variations in care by staying local